Tzatziki is one of my favorite sauces, whether used as a dip for pita or a creamy, cooling, herbaceous side for a rack of lamb. Try replacing your regular dressing for Greek salad with this yummy condiment!
GETTING SAUCY WITH CHEF NICOLE: TZATZIKI FOR EVERY BELLY
I love this creamy, herby sauce! But I wanted to make a variation for those who are not into dairy, so every belly can enjoy it!
Author: Nicole Poirier
Recipe type: sauce, dip, condiment
Cuisine: Greek, Californian
Serves: 1½ cups
- 1 c greek yogurt/labneh/creme fraiche/coconut cream collected from a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and minced or shredded
- 1 tsp lemon zest (zest lemon before juicing!)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt & pepper to taste*
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Use creme fraiche for the most Keto-friendly dairy option, coconut cream to make it Paleo, vegan, and/or dairy-free. Enjoy immediately or transfer to a small, lidded container. Will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator.