Grilled cheese with tomato was always one of my fave diner bites. I don’t know how the tomato always stays juicy and cool, but it never failed to deliver the perfect crispy, cheesy, oozy, juicy, hot on the outside, cool on the inside bite.
Even without the bread, this quick little keto skillet snack delivers all the same sensations without the carbs! And it takes about 2 minutes – definitely worth a try when you have gorgeous tomatoes on hand…
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO – KETO STYLE!
- Warm a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle about ½ cup pre-shredded cheese in an even layer around the pan. I used mozzarella, but cheddar would undoubtedly be DELISH!
- Let it melt. It will be about 30 seconds before it is mostly melted and the underside starts to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Place tomatoes on ½ to ¾ of the area.
- In about 15 seconds, gently loosen the edges of the cheese from the pan with a silicone spatula. Metal spatulas will scratch your nonstick pans.
- Fold the non-cheese side over the tomato side and turn off flame. ⠀
- After 15 more seconds melting together, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 20 seconds or so, so that it firms up a little bit.
- Cut & serve and enjoy! SO GOOD!