These quick and easy Italian sausage stuffed peppers have AMAZING PERSONALITY! I don’t know if stuffed peppers will ever be beautiful, but haven’t we always been told it’s what’s on the inside that counts?!? And in the case of these keto instantpot stuffed peps, it really is!
5 ingredients to make these yummy, peppy peps that have 28g fat, 23g protein, and 10 net carbs per whole pepper – though just half of one is SUPER filling.
INSTANTPOT STUFFED PEPPERS – MIND BODY KETO STYLE
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3 c riced cauliflower
- 1/2 c minced onion
- 1 cup low sugar tomato sauce (I used Rao’s marinara), divided
- 4 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 cup water
- Core & deseed peppers and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine sausage, cauliflower, flaxseed, onion, and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce. Combine well with your hands or a fork and then divide evenly among the hollowed out peppers.
- Place stuffing-side-up in the @instantpotofficial and combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce with 1 cup of water, pouring into the bottom of the pot.
- Secure lid and set to manual pressure cook, high pressure, for 15 minutes. Once finished, you can either wait for pressure to release gradually, or very carefully flip the switch to vent quickly – MAKE SURE YOU AVOID THAT STEAM! It’s HOT!
- Remove lid, serve, and enjoy with or without a little sprinkle of cheese. Otherwise, these guys are totally paleo, too!