SALAD SO GOOD, IT MIGHT MAKE YOU CRY… It’s crunchy, it’s spicy, it’s salty, IT’S GOT PORK RINDS! This is my favorite keto salad to date, and I literally dreamed about it last night since I am on the egg fast train. I LOVE veggies, and texture, and tropical-tasting, spiced up, coconut drizzled anything.
This salad comes together really quickly and one cabbage is enough to feed about 20 people. It’s CRAZY! 1/8 of this recipe has 25g fat, 9 net carbs, and 30g protein. Happy dance, much?
KETO CRUNCHY SPICY CABBAGE SALAD WITH COCONUT DRESSING
Author: Nicole Poirier
Recipe type: Salad, dressing
Cuisine: European, American, Californian, Vegetarian
Serves: 10 – 20 (FOR REAL!)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado (or other vegetable) oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh Thai chilies, dry will also do
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 c finely minced yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon granulated erythritol or Swerve
- 1 teaspoon sugar free ketchup OR Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons dried red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 2lb green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 Japanese or English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced thinly on the mandoline
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (for color)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly on the mandoline
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thinly on the mandoline
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced lemongrass
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (I used GoRaw)
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil and saute the garlic, minced onion, ginger, and chili over medium high heat until the ginger is turning golden, ~3-4 mins.
- Mix the erythritol, coconut aminos, ketchup, and tamarind in a small mixture and add to pan, cooking until slightly caramelized and thick, ~3 mins.
- Remove from heat and add coconut milk and lime juice. Cool.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl, saving a scoop of the seeds and rinds. Toss through with the dressing, transfer to a serving plate, and garnish!