Lately, I’ve been craving the tastes of home. You know what I’m talking about – the “mom” flavors that transport you back into the kitchen with her and her always-perfect-temperature-and-consistency glass of iced coffee, iced tea, soda – whatever! Poor Mom – my siblings and I were FOREVER stealing sips and gulps from her drinks. I don’t know if she ever got to enjoy a full glass she poured for herself while us kids were around…
This chicken salad comes together super fast – and it’s so delicious, you may gobble it all up even faster!
One of my FAVORITE lazy Saturday no-cook lunches had to be my Mom’s Chicken Salad. Super-simple, only four ingredients plus seasoning, but SO DANG GOOD! Now that I’m all Keto all the time, I appreciate it even MORE because of the healthy combination of protein, fats, and flavor.
Now, you can cook up chicken breast individually for this, but I tend to make this from store-bought rotisserie chicken or some other kind of leftover chicken. It’s beyond easy!
MBK MOM’S CHICKEN SALAD
This is the perfect chicken salad to stuff your sandwiches, avocados, lettuce leaves, and your FACE with. With only four ingredients apart from seasoning, it also comes together in a flash, especially if you use leftover rotisserie chicken like I do!
Author: Nicole Poirier
Recipe type: Salad, Lunch, Easy
Cuisine: Keto, American
Serves: 2 – 3 servings
- 1 cooked and cooled chicken breast, around 1 pound/450 grams
- ¼ c + 1 Tbsp sugar-free mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion or shallot
- 2 Tbsp minced celery (about half of an outside stalk)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Finely chop or shred the chicken breast and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, celery, and onion and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper. I prefer Himalayan salt & LOTS of freshly ground black pepper!
- Serve in the edible “vessel” of your choice! In an avocado makes it a great “fat fast” meal, lettuce cups are always a great choice, and this is also a wonderful time to try my Sourdough Keto Buns.