NEAK ATTACK OF DELICIOUSNESS! I made this super simple Moroccan Spiced Roasted Cabbage for another client dinner the other night, and the guests were fighting over the crumbs. FIGHTING. Eleven-year-olds and fifty-somethings alike! This is not an exaggeration – this is an endorsement for a seriously tasty plant based keto and paleo side dish perfectly appropriate for any day!
MOROCCAN SPICED ROASTED CABBAGE
- 2 1/2 lb cabbage
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ras el Hanout Moroccan seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut cabbage into wedges that are about 1” at their thickest, on the outside of the wedge.
- Lay them into the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning and salt, and then toss lightly/rub the pieces together to ensure that they all get coated with both oil & seasonings.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the edges of the cabbage are nice and golden brown.
- After 30 minutes, remove tray from oven and cover with foil before popping back in for another 30 minutes.
- Now it will steam and get all tender in the closed packet. Remove after 30 minutes, serve, and enjoy!
NOTE: if you can’t find Ras el Hanout in your grocery store spice section, Google “easy Ras el Hanout recipe”. You may have all of the ingredients already in your pantry!
ANOTHER NOTE: Jack up the heat to 400F and only roast uncovered for 25 minutes and you will get an entirely different textural experience with all of the same yumminess!!