On Sundays, I TOTALLY get the “brunchies”… You know, the uncontrollable desire to eat an even BETTER and more elaborated breakfast than normal and find a friend or two to share it with? You already KNOW my breakfast game is on point, but this keto chef always has a few tricks up her sleeve!
Today, as I’d invited a vegetarian/pescatarian pal to dine with me for a good old-fashioned catch-up, I replaced breakfast meats with some beautiful wild smoked salmon & cream cheese to be served on these ridiculicious (ridiculously delicious!) Herbed Keto Breadsticks that I dreamed up.
Paired with easy garlicky vegan hash and my fave sesame fried eggs, this brunch was SUCH a yummy feast!
Quick Herbed Keto Breadsticks
Makes 16 – 18 pieces, 4 – 5 per serving
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence blend
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted (I used salted butter)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt if not using salted butter
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Add the eggs and butter and whisk again until the batter is smooth and there are no dry bits left.
- Pour into a parchment-paper lined 8” x 8” baking dish. (I actually used an 8×12 tray because it’s what was on hand, and I like the thickness of the sticks. 8×8 will come out a bit more cornbread-style).
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the bottom is golden and the top is dry and begins to crack.
- Remove from oven, cool for a couple of minutes, and cut into pieces. Enjoy! .