Do you want to feel better, look better, have your hair grow faster, get glowing skin, boost your daily nutrition, AND work on your gut health with one simple daily beverage?
Well, YOU’RE IN LUCK, FRIENDS! I wanted all of these things, too, and created a blend of whole food (aka real and simple) ingredients to mix with water daily to make the most healing protein drink ever. And I want to share the secrets with YOU!
HOW WAS THIS HEALING PROTEIN DRINK CREATED?
As a busy organic chef catering to meet the dietary needs of many different clients with unique dietary circumstances, I found MY OWN nutritional needs being neglected as I typically am not interested in eating breakfast. I knew from all of my research into multiple diets and conditions that one of the best ways to start my day would be with 25 – 30 grams of protein, but I wanted to get my greens and probiotics in there, too.
I tried multiple existing products, but both the plant-based (pea protein) and whey-based were causing unpleasant and audible reactions in my gut. Enter a trip overseas, where I picked up a packet of flavored egg white protein.
Already at this point, I was blending my own morning drink of dehydrated greens juice and collagen hydrolysate. The addition of the new product boosted the overall protein count from 11g per drink to 28g! I found myself energized and looking forward to it every day. Frankly, it even tastes pretty good, albeit healthy!
Three months later, after sharing my recipe with a few Paleo friends who were looking for their own nutritional supplement while pursuing a High Fat Low Carb (aka Keto) regime, not only did I realize that others were interested in my formula, but my health was overall better, AND that I was receiving more compliments than ever on my hair and skin.
WHAT MAKES IT “HEALING”?
Multiple studies demonstrate that each of the ingredients demonstrate healing properties within the body.
- Collagen hydrolysate is known to boost hair, skin, nail, and gut strength and repair.
- Probiotics are touted for digestive-system health, their contribution to a stronger immune system, helping combat obesity, and even preventing urinary tract infections.
- The dark leafy greens that make up the vegetable infusion supply a whole host of vitamins and minerals that promote a more youthful appearance, help lower cholesterol, contribute to vision health, boost bone density, and more.
- Altogether, it feeds your microbiome, or healthy “gut flora”, which is the seat of the immune system and you may have guessed is a major player when it comes to balancing hormones, especially estrogen!
WANNA KNOW THE FACTS?!
This magical little recipe for my healing protein drink is:
- 25 g whole food based protein
- <3g net carbs
- 2 servings of vegetables
- 25 billion probiotic CPU
- Gut-healing (and therefore hormone balancing…)
- Skin-Hair-Nail-strengthening for a more youthful appearance
- Metabolism boosting
- Gluten and grain-free nutrition
- Legume & soy free
- Dairy, Casein, & Whey Free
- GAPS, SCD, and Low-FODMAP safe
I designed it, as I mentioned, to serve my own needs, but found that it was perfect for the needs of so many others. There is not a person among us who can’t stand even better micro biome health, particularly those suffering from digestive, autoimmune, or hormone-related disorders. This healing protein drink is particularly great at nurturing that natural flora with fiber and probiotics WHILE encouraging leaky gut repair with collagen. The protein, in conjunction with the rest of our healthy eating plan, ensures that our own muscle mass is preserved and our appetites are satisfied.
WELL, GIVE ME THE RECIPE ALREADY!
For somebody who hates long-winded posts before a recipe is shared, I sure am getting good at ’em! I mention Amazing Grass in the recipe – the chocolate infusion is the one I personally like to use, and it already has probiotics mixed in. There are plenty of other brands and flavors out there, though. Feel free to use what is available to you, but I CAN confirm that the Chocolate Infusion is yummy!
THE ULTIMATE HEALING PROTEIN DRINK RECIPE
Do your whole body a favor and make yourself this drink! With 2 – 3 servings of vegetables, 28g of protein, less than 3 carbs, and full of healthifying collagen to give you faster growing hair & nails AND glowing skin, you will wish you’d been drinking it forever. And your friends will all be wondering what your secret is!
Author: Nicole Poirier
Recipe type: Drink, Beverage
Cuisine: Healthy, Healing, Californian
Serves: 1 serving
- ⅓ cup / 30g egg white protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons / 12 g collagen hydrolysate
- 1½ teaspoons / 7 g greens powder, such as Amazing Grass or Vibrant Greens
- ⅛ teaspoon probiotic powder (if your greens powder does not include probiotics)
- 12 – 16 oz / 350 – 475 ml water or unsweetened nut milk
- Additional equipment: shaker cup or blender
- Combine all ingredients in shaker cup or blender.
- Cover, shake or blend until well combined with no lumps or dry-looking bits.
- Transfer to a serving glass and enjoy! Or enjoy straight from your mixing vessel!
BONUS TIP: YOU CAN MAKE IT EVEN MORE KETO!
While it’s not necessary, especially if you already have body fat to fuel your ketosis needs, adding anything from a teaspoon to a tablespoon if MCT oil to this fabulous mix will boost ketone production AND keep you full for even longer.
Remember, good fats are very good for creating a happy belly and hormonal system. So eat that avocado! Enjoy that coconut milk! And add MCT oil whenever you need a boost.
A SPECIAL REQUEST:
Now that I have shared my most healing combination, if you decide to give it a go, I would REALLY love to hear about and/or see your results! Take before pictures of your face, hairline, and nails – and show me the difference in 4 weeks! Any questions? Let me know in the comments and let’s get healthy together!