I la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-LOOOOOVE chocolate mousse, even more so when I don’t have to feel a shred of guilt while eating it! This mousse recipe has the fewest ingredients possible yet is so healthy & protein packed, you could have it for breakfast.
Ultimate Keto Chocolate Mousse
- 6 oz stevia-sweetened chocolate like Lily's, and this is about 1 c of chips or 1/2 c of chips + 1 chopped Lily's bar
- 3 tbsp water
- 5 large eggs separated into whites and yolks
- pinch fine salt or cream of tartar
- In a large dry mixing bowl - it can be a stand mixer if you have one - whisk the egg whites with a tiny pinch of salt or cream of tartar until they are stiff and glossy-looking. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips and water in the top of a double boiler and melt, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat immediately as you want to do your best not to overcook. You can also use a metal, glass, or Pyrex bowl over the top of a saucepan of boiling water, bowl not touching the water. Another super-simple option? Combining the chocolate and water in a microwave-safe bowl and heating in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth and completely melted.
- Cool the chocolate by stirring away from heat slightly. Whisk in the egg yolks. The mixture will firm up a little bit.
- Add 1/3 of the egg whites and combine well, beating with vigor. This will loosen the mixture.
- Gently fold in the remaining 2/3 of the whites, until the mixture is homogenous and fluffy.
- Distribute across 5 - 6 4oz/ 125ml / 1/2 c containers and chill for at least 30 minutes, 4 hours or more for best texture.
- DON'T FORGET TO LICK THE BOWL!
Have you made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!